Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Wow you've got a bunch of kids...

So today while I was getting the stroller ready to put Talmage in so we could all make the trek into the library a older man with a stern face walks past me and mumbles.."Wow you have a bunch of kids, wow!" And he said it like it was a bad thing. Some people...so I said back to him, "Yes I do and I love it!!" He just kept on walking but I seriously couldn't believe he said that! Oh and I always get "You have your hands full!!" A wise woman once told me (namely Cindy Dial, a wonderful mother of 5) she used to say "Better full than empty!" I couldn't agree more so that is my response now. Sure being a mother is hard sometimes, but overall the growing and all of the little moments and the things they say, it is truly priceless. I love being a mother to my girls, they make it so fun. Heck it's like you never have to grow up, you get to make big deals out of little things, like the moon or a fire fly. Be silly most of the time. Ha if you could see me dance and sing with them:) Their smiles and their laughter are what make my day! I can't get enough of my handsome little man and all of his smiles and squeels of delight! As I was rocking Talmage to sleep tonight I thought about how lucky I am to be a mother to these precious little spirits!! I thank my Heavenly Father for trusting me to "try" the best I can to raise these cuty pies.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Amen, sista!! I love the come-backs, too! At least you know what's important in life!

That's one thing I like about St Louis. There's a strong Catholic presence here, so people aren't as surprised to see someone with a lot of small kids. If they say something, it's usually with a smile and a twinkle in their eye.

Emily said...

Well said! I am totally going to use Cindy's line too.
I love your blog background -so cute!

Anonymous said...

Amen is right and you are one of the best mothers I know. Honestly, seeing you with your kiddos while in VA was always a treat. You and Josh love your kids so much and we were just lucky enough to see it and hope the same when we started our family.

Shannan said...

I totally agree. Being a mother is the greatest thing I have ever done and I can' t wait until my family grow, grows and grows. The other day I took James and 2 of my baby nieces and nephews out (all 3 under the age of 3) and we ran errands. I had the same kind of responses and I just smiled and continued haveing a good old time. I was singing and being a goof with them in the grocery store and others just stared. This is the greatest and it is so much fun . Ya I was a little stressed and it took dounble the time to do things, but I HAD FUN DOING IT!

Anonymous said...

Some old man scolded me at the Library too. Not for having lots of kids, but because of how I was disciplining Bayles during a fit. I wasn't as nice to him as you were though. Quite frankly, I wasn't nice at all! Anywho, you are one stinkin' awesome mom!