Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lilli's 5th Birthday...Mermaids

I am really late on posting about this but just got the CD with these pics from a friend who graciously loaned me her camera after I had forgotten mine. Anyways Lilli had a Mermaid party at the pool with some friends. Her favorite thing to do in the summer is swim, she LOVES it!! So this was perfect for her. I made the cake and frosted them, but I have to give the credit to my wonderful husband on bringing our little mermaid to "life." Didn't he do an amazing job?!!! I turned out awesome. I just told him what I was envisioning and he put his creative juices to work!! Lilli loved it!! The kids had the funnest time when I was cutting the cake. They loved telling me which part of the mermaid they wanted to eat. So slowly our little mermaid disappeared, first one eye then her hair, then her lips....you get the picture. But it was delicious and well worth it!!
All the kids just waiting for a slice of that yummy cake.
For lunch we had star fish sandwiches, gold fish, "water" melon, and under the sea juice, a.k.a blue Gatorade. It was alot of fun putting everything together! The kids loved it and all had a fun time.
We also had treasure chest that they could pick out a shell and a treasure, a ring pop. For the goody bags I made pearl necklaces for the girls and the boys got pirate patches.
The kids loved Josh. They rode on him like this for well...most of the time! He loved it and had a fun time with them. I can't believe that Lilli is 5, yeah I have a 5 year old...crazy!! She is such a joy to have around, ALWAYS singing and dancing. She is also a great big sister and is always there to help with her brother and play with her best friend Izzy. She is a very considerate person. If I am ever lying down on the ground, she will bring me a pillow and sometimes even a blanket. Sometimes she will come up to me and ask me what she can do for me. Now that melts my heart:) She has lots of energy and loves to read. She can't read yet but will sit down with a book and "read" it, making it up as she goes. She loves to be read to and will sit for 2 hours listening to Narnia or Charolettes Web. I love to read to her, it's one of my favorite things too. She has an amazing memory and can recite a book back to you verbatim. We sure do love our Lilli Ana and are so grateful to have her in our family!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a fun party. Such a cute theme! I am so impressed with the teamwork on the cake! Happy (late) birthday Lilli!