Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air

Yesterday I was at Walmart grocery shopping....all of my kids wanted to be in the cart. So Izzy was in the seat, Talmage was in the basket part and Lilli squeezed in with him. I was able to miraculously fit the groceries in too. We went to the deli to get some sandwich meat. We were waiting in line behind an older man. He turned around and had a huge smile on his face, he just had a nice grandpa look:) He asked if that was a little boy, and then continued to compliment me on my beautiful family, oh wow it was A Breath of Fresh Air..YES COMPLIMENTS!! NOT "Oh you have your hands full!" Cause really I don't feel like I have soooooo many kids. I do remember growing up we lived in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (how's that for a tongue twister:) and we had a family with 5 kids. Whenever we would go out to dinner, we would get the stares. Anyways I was so ecstatic to get some positive feedback. Thank you "kind grandpa" whoever you are, you made my day!!

1 comment:

Julia said...

The kindness of strangers can be more valuable than that of your friends some times!!! Kudos to that nice gentleman!!!

Psst! Did you check the result from the giveaway at The Apron Goddesses for the Brassy Apple apron???? !