Friday, May 23, 2008

29 Trips Around the Sun

I turned 29 on Wednesday and what a wonderful day it was! Josh made me breakfast in bed, my favorite, waffles with strawberries and whip cream. Then that evening we went to our favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Bistro at Stoney Point Mall. We ordered cheesecake of course (my favorite being white chocolate strawberry). When we got the cheesecake Lilli burst out singing Happy Birthday, so sweet!! Afterwards we walked around the mall. It was so wonderful! I bought myself some wallflowers from Bed Bath and Beyond and then handed the bag to Lilli and thanked her for the present. Josh played it up and told Lilli to keep it a secret until we got home. Lilli was really excited to have me open it, and asked me a couple times if I liked the present...and of course I did:) I am so grateful to have such a beautiful, wonderful family!!
 As I think back over the 29 years of my life I am just so grateful for the wonderful people in my life! First of all I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents who raised me in the gospel and always put us children first. I knew my mother and father loved me and that I could talk to them about anything. As a teenager I always loved coming home after a date or being out with friends because I knew my mom would be waiting up for me, so I could tell her all about the night!! Thanks Mom!! I've always looked up to my dad the way he was respected in the community because of his name (Leavitt) and because of the person he is. I always knew I could talk to him about anything also. I have always tried to live the very best because I was ( I still am:) a Leavitt, and I didn't want to defile it in anyway. I am so thankful for my wonderful sisters and the amazing women they are. They are constantly amazing me and I am so thankful for our friendship and their love and support!! I am thankful for my brother and the wonderful person he is. I am also thankful for my "other" family my in-laws! From the start they have always been so welcoming and loving. I love each of them for the amazing people they are and am thankful for the wonderful memories we have made so far. I am sooo thankful for my best friend, my wonderful husband! I am thankful for his hard work everyday at school and for his dedication to school, family and the gospel. He is a great example to me and a wonderful husband and father! I am also grateful for my two beautiful daughters! They make me smile everyday and teach me so much and help me grow. I am so thankful for all of the wonderful friends I have made here in Richmond, thank you so much for your examples and for all of the wonderful times! It has been a wonderful 29 years thanks to the many wonderful people that have touched my life for good!

3 comments:

Josh said...

Happy birthday. I tried reaching you on your special day, but I understand what was going on so I just left the great message. I love you and you are so great and next year will be your 30 year mark. Wow, time flys. Well, I am glad you had a fun filled birthday. Love ya so much sissy.

Laurene Ross said...

You have such a fun Blog.Thanks for sharing.HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!! I am so glad you had a great one. Your family is so wonderful and cute. I hope the next 29 will be just as exciting.

Suzie Soda said...

I am glad to fianlly find your blog...loved all the pictures and tributes to family and friends. You are such a great girl and I am so glad you came to Richmond then the Gayton ward then recipe club.
You are beautiful inside and out. We think Josh is pretty special too..Greg said that the first time he met him.
Not to mention those 2 beautiful little girls....they are adorable. It will be fun to follow you blog now. I guess I will will be up a few minutes later....my list keeps growing..but I love it. xoxox