Tuesday, July 13, 2010

PURSE

Of course we had to have a girls night out! Before the trip I had a little insiration....:) I was inspired by an enrichment we had a few months back. The theme was "PURSE." They had fun games of guessing who's purse was who's and 5 speakers who spoke on P-erspective, U-nderstanding, R-espect, S-ervice and E-mpathy. So I called up my Mom and sisters and asked them if they wanted to do a girls night out...of course a resounding YES! We each picked one of the five PURSE topics and bought a purse to exchange. We went to Celebration, Florida a town that is owned by Disney. It was perfect. We ate a nice restaraunt with live music and then went and got ice cream and then sat by a beautiful pond. It was perfect weather with a perfect setting with awesome company. It was really fun to "really" talk and see what each one of us came up with for their topics. Then I put all of the letters of Purse in a "hat" and we picked and exchanged purses. We also put the necessities in the purses. It was alot of fun and we are going to make it a tradition. Not necessarily purses......my Mom is in charge next year, it will be fun to see what she comes up with!
These are the cute purses! I recieved the beige one from my sister Shannan, and I made the black and white one! In the end we were all happy with our purses, good thing we all have good taste:) Thanks for the fun night!

2 comments:

Jani Jo said...

The trip looks like SO much fun!!! What great memories for your cute lil' kids:) And I LOVE the PURSE party; I will have to steal that idea. Hope you're having a super summer!

Ashlee & Christian said...

I am so glad you guys had such a fun vacation. I can't believe how much more grown up all your cute kiddos are. Love Talmage's bald head... so adorable. That purse idea is such an incredibly fun idea. I remember being at that enrichment and it was seriously such a blast and so creative. I love that you did it with your sisters. What a fun girls night out idea... oh how I wish though there could be a girls night out like all the ones we had.