Thursday, July 3, 2008

Six Wonderful Years!

On June 28th we celebrated our 6th Anniversary, wow does time fly!! I made (well partially made:) Josh breakfast in bed. One of his favorite breakfasts is donuts, and chocolate milk, so Ukrops came in handy there:) We both love fresh fruit so that topped off our scrumptious breakfast. It was actually a family breakfast in bed, the more the better:)
I even got out our "fine china" ...well not exactly fine china but we save these "fancy goblets" we got for a wedding present for our special occasions! Josh loved that special added touch, especially that there was chocolate milk in them:) 
The girls never (maybe once a year) get donuts so they basically inhaled them. It was a wonderful start to our day.
Lilli is getting good at taking pictures, so it is nice to have her expertise for moments like this! I can't believe it has been 6 years!! As I think back to our meager beginnings, it sure has been wonderful! I remember the first time I met Josh at a mutual friends birthday party. I sat next to him and invited him to come to my dance concert. I really didn't think he would come but he did and then he asked me out on his birthday. We went out to dinner and then to the Forgotten Carols. He kept asking me out and I kept saying yes, we went and cut Christmas trees down, went snow shoeing, and the list goes on. I knew there was something different about Josh, for one he didn't drive a nice car, let's just say he drove a really beat up truck and for our first Valentines date we went to his Grandma and Grandpas. I was used to the guys with the nice cars and fancy restaurants. I knew that he really valued his family and that meant a lot to me. He treated me like a queen and I knew he would be a wonderful father! I am thankful for the six wonderful years that we have had together. Of course we have had our trials but they have only made us stronger and grow closer together. I am so thankful for his love and for the love he shows to our two precious jewels, Lilli and Isabella. Thanks babe for 6 wonderful years!!

2 comments:

Shannan said...

Congrats on your 6 year anniversary. Oh, how time flies by so fast. Your little celebration was cute and congrats to Mr. Josh for 2 years well done. Can't wait to see you all in a week and some. Love you to pieces, Shanny and Joshy.

Suzie Soda said...

What a cute couple. And a darling family. We are so glad you guys are in our ward. Congratulations.