Friday, March 27, 2009

It's a Miracle they are all Sleeping...


Here's our little man at 2 weeks old.He had his 2 1/2 week check up and he is now 8lbs 9oz. He is sure growing fast, alot faster than my girls.  My sister Amber has been here this last week and took some amazing pics of the family. A BIG thank you to her for all of her help this past week. She doesn't have any kids yet so she was quite amazed at how exhausting motherhood can be. The girls had an absolute blast with her, playing Star Wars, and any other pretend play they could think of. In Lilli's words "Amber did an EXCELLENT job!!" We had a girls night out and went and got pedicures and manicures, and went out to eat. Thanks sooooo much Amber! It was awesome having your help and having some good sister bonding time:)

Well now that my Mom and Dad and Sister are gone I'm all on my own....and so far it's gone well! It's a miracle all three are sleeping right now! I was up with Izzy putting her down for a nap and I hear Talmage crying...he was sleeping. So I rush downstairs and find Lilli in my bed with him..he was in the bassinet. Lilli wants to help out so badly, she said she was reading books and heard him crying so she was in my bed saying "it's ok buddy, and singing to him. " I did get a little worried about the fact that she had carried him up to my bed. He is ok but Lilli and I had a talk about that, Lilli absolutely loves her brother and just wants to hold him and help every moment she gets! Isabella loves to give him kisses and help also. It's hard to try and set boundaries and let them love him too. I feel like I am always telling them be gentle or please let him sleep. They are such precious girls and I am so thankful for all of their help and for this new adventure in my life, that of 3 children. So far it is a better transition than 1 to 2 for me.

11 comments:

Emily said...

What AMAZING pictures! I love being the mom of three. Busy, but wonderful!

Ashlee & Christian said...

I am glad things are going so well for you and that 3 is turning out to be easier than you thought. You have the cutest kids ever. Love the pictures... have to say I was disappointed you only posted 2 pictures. Sometime I want to come over and see all the darling shots your sister took. She does such an awesome job and I would love to come see them. Let me know if you need anything or help ever - I am around the corner!

Suzie Soda said...

Glad you are doing well on your own. What cute kids. You are so blessed. xoxoxox

Angie said...

Such cute pictures! I'll agree that the transition wasn't too bad. I mean, you're a pro now at taking care of babies. I hope it stays that way for you.
For me, I found that I (like always) would try to do too much too soon and wear myself out or have these high expectations of myself and feel bad when I didn't meet them. It's okay to get back into life slowly. It's okay to hold off on other responsibilities...(like church callings, play group, daily schedules, etc)...and focus your energies on your main responsibility...your family. But I can tell that you're doing that well. Enjoy it!

Molly said...

Congratulations!! So happy to hear y'all are doing great!

carlie davis said...

Those are beautiful pictures - he so so so cute - You have such a beautiful family - and you are such a great mom -

Anonymous said...

Okay, he is seriously so cute! Hope you are doing well. Let me know if you need anything!

McCandless Co. said...

Stacks, Shan just found my blog and said you had baby #3....WOW! Congrats, he is so so darling. You guys have sure got your hands full. I am a bit nervous about the transition from 1 to 2..but if you can do 3 then I'll try to manage. Hope you are doing great. Are you almost done with school? Say hi to Josh from us too.

Jen & George Scott said...

Hey, I am so gald to see that you have had a blog. I can keep up with your life now!!! How adorable are your kids. Talmage is darling!!! Congrats!!!

Shannan said...

Happy 30th Birthday sis. I wish I could be there in Canada with you. I love you and miss you. We will celebrate when you get here.

Amber and Brad said...

We need an update!!! love ya sis!