Thursday, August 26, 2010

We'll be Sporting Red....

.........................Ok here it is.............Josh got accepted to the Periodontics Residency at the University of Nebraska!! We are going to be HUSKERS!!! We are really excited to finally know for sure where we will be going!! He was also given an offer at the University of Tennssee. They are both good schools but we chose Nebraska because it would be closer to home. Josh is really excited about the program at UNL. I have never been to Licoln, but he says it is really clean, lots of trails to exercise on and very family oriented! So here we come Nebraska! Even though I am from Canada, I have become a softy here in Virginia with it's mild weather. So I'm going to have to toughen up for those COLD winters! Josh graduates in May and then we will head west. It is a bitter sweet feeling, because we have loved it here in Virginia and have come meet some awesome people!!!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were going to do a residency?!? Not old enough to quit school yet and go out in the real world? jk

Good luck in the residency. You'll probably fall in love with Nebraska, too, because you guys are just happy, easy-going people.

Ashlee & Christian said...

How exciting! I am shocked though how fast dental school has gone, it seems like yesterday we were there and it was his first day. This is such great news though! It makes me feel good though that you guys are leaving VA so that I don't keep thinking every day how I want to move back. It would never be the same without you guys. oh ps I did get my double Bob and have already used it a few times and LOVE it.

Emily said...

Congratulations! I lived in Omaha for a couple of years. We really liked it. Lincoln seemed nice when I was there.

You are also close to a lot of Church history stuff!

It is so great to know, isn't it!?!

Shannan said...

man, can we ever talk. This is so exciting. Road trips forsure!

adrienne said...

Congrats!!! I am sorry you won't be closer, but you will love the Mid-West. It is fabulous, ice storms and all. That is great news!!! Good luck moving and especially leaving a place we all love.

Jen & George Scott said...

That is so excited. Congrats!!! Also... I love love love your family picture!!!

Amanda said...

I found your blog off the Meal with Appeal blog... way cute! and Dude, I'm excited to hear about your adventures that will start next year... but we will MISS YOU GUYS when you leave.

we have a blog too...
thecracrofts.blogspot.com