Saturday, October 10, 2009

Vintage Window Make-Over

So I saw this cute idea on one of the craft blogs I visit. So I set out to find myself a vintage window, or a REALLY old window. I found this place called Class and Trash. Josh was out of town the weekend I decided that I really needed a new project:) So I took all three kids with me. The girls thought it was really cool with lots of neat little treasures to behold. It went pretty well, besides the fact that it wasn't really stroller friendly but we managed. Anyways I found this beauty and couldn't wait to transform her:)
Here she is in all her glory:) I sanded it and then painted it with good ol' Rustoleum Spray Paint--one of my new favorite things. Then I had to find some fabric. I finally found some at a fabric store called U-Fab. A great place by the way! And then I just cut it down to size and tacked it onto the back.
Here she is with a little festive Halloween garland. I am really happy with how it turned out!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I just love how you turn trash into treasure. It's inspiring...really, it is!!

Shannan said...

You definalty are little crafty momma, Love it. I want to find one, maybe I should try a garage sale or something. Love you and thanks for posting so we can actually see how the things you talk about turn out.